Are You Ready to Ace It?
Kuala Lumpur, 1 March 2011 – Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd., a leading mobile phone provider, today announced the shining new addition to the Samsung GALAXY family, the Samsung GALAXY Ace. This device will offer a unique take on the smartphone experience, expanding the Android™-powered Samsung GALAXY smartphone line-up and allowing consumers a chance to explore the world of connectivity.
Following the phenomenal global success of the Samsung GALAXY S, the new Samsung GALAXY Ace will meet the diverse demands of those who do not compromise on design for capabilities, to allow users to share the fun and excitement in their lives with friends and family.
Samsung GALAXY Ace users will have access to infinite entertainment possibilities through over 100,000 applications from Android Market™ and Samsung Apps, while quick communication is enabled via QuickType by SWYPE text input. The Samsung GALAXY Ace comes equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity and Social Hub which lets users view their contacts, mobile social network service, Instant Messenger and email together in an integrated one-page layout, keeping them constantly connected.
Yu Jai Sul, Managing Director, Samsung Malaysia Electronics said, “The success of our first Android phone, the award-winning Samsung GALAXY S, which has sold an amazing 10 million devices worldwide in just seven months, has inspired us to expand our product range to enhance our mobile experience to be fun, yet stylish. The Samsung GALAXY Ace is specially tailored to meet the diverse and growing needs of our trendy consumers.”
The Samsung GALAXY Ace is designed for trend-seekers and young professionals. With its sophisticated design, the Samsung GALAXY Ace is created to be simple yet elegant. The phone is customised with frameless round edges in a slim and compact size for a firm and comfortable grip at the palm of your hands
The smartphone offers a premium experience with a 3.5-inch HVGA display on a compact and comfortable handset. The stylish smartphone does not compromise on capabilities, with an 800MHz processor, Google™ voice search, ThinkFree document viewer, and a 5.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash, Samsung GALAXY Ace is a guaranteed satisfaction.
The Samsung GALAXY Ace will be available in Malaysia from March onwards.
For more information and updates, visit www.samsungmobile.com.my or contact Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1800-88-9999 or visit Samsung-Univez Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/#!/SamsungUnivez
Are You Ready to Ace It?[CORE NEWS FACTS]
• The Samsung GALAXY Ace is Samsung’s newest Android powered smartphone running on Android 2.2 (Froyo) OS.
• The device reinforces Samsung’s commitment in enhancing the smartphone market to meet the diverse and growing needs of our trendy consumers.
• The Samsung GALAXY Ace is designed for trend-seekers and young professionals.
• With its sophisticated design, the Samsung GALAXY Ace is created to be simple yet elegant. The phone is customised with frameless round edges in a slim and compact size for a firm and comfortable grip in the palm of your hands.[ABOUT SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE]
• The Android powered smartphone allows users to enjoy a galaxy of application on the Android Market. With over 100,000 apps available in the Market, there’s no end to what your mobile can do. Enjoy a wide selection of games, utilities, news, health and finance applications with more being added each day. The scope of what the GALAXY Ace can do is virtually unlimited!
• GALAXY Ace features Quicktype by SWYPE, an intelligent interface that connects the dots made by your finger to figure out what you are trying to write. By moving your finger across the keypad from letter to letter in one fluid motion, the revolutionary device senses exactly what you want to say!
• Samsung’s Social Hub on Samsung GALAXY Ace brings you closer to your contacts and connections by seamlessly integrating your email, IM and social networking sites on the device. Users will love this “ultimate inbox” and the ease at which you can view all your messages and manage your accounts. The device also comes with pre-installed Facebook and Twitter apps so you will never be out of touch with the latest updates and tweets, all from the convenience of your home screen.
• Product Specifications
Network HSDPA 7.2 Mbps 900/2100
EDGE/GPRS 850/ 900/1800/1900
OS Android 2.2 (Froyo)
Display 3.5-inch 320×480 HVGA TFT-LCD
Processor 800MHz Processor
Camera 5.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash
Single Shot, Continuous Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
Playback : WVGA@30fps
Recording : QVGA@20fps
Audio MP3, AAC, AAC+, eACC+
3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Voice Recorder
Value-added Features Android Market and Samsung Apps for more applications and contents
– Integrated Contacts, Integrated Calendar, Widget, Unified Inbox
– Basic: POP3/IMAP Email & IM
Samsung TouchWiz UI
QuickType by SWYPE
ThinkFree : Document Viewer / Editor
Android Brower : RSS Reader
Google MapsTM with Latitude, Places, Navigation (beta)
GoogleTM Voice Search
Connectivity Bluetooth technology v 2.1
WiFi 802.11 (b/g/n)
Sensor Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity
Memory 150MB + 2GB inbox + microSD (up to 32GB)
Size 112.4 x 59.9 x 11.5 mm
Price and Availability RM999, March 2011
For exciting multimedia content from Samsung Malaysia, please visit:
http://samsungmobile.com.my[ABOUT SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS] Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2009 consolidated sales of US$116.8 billion. Employing approximately 174,000 people in 193 offices across 66 countries, the company consists of eight independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Semiconductor and LCD. Recognized as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, memory chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.