Getting in shape is a top New Year’s resolution for many and with the arrival of 2018, listeners will turn to music to help them achieve their best selves – with more than 25 million workout playlists created by Spotify users.
● 2017 breakout stars Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa are among the top artists in Malaysia, alongside Eminem, Ed Sheeran, and Luis Fonsi
● Eminem’s “Till I Collapse” remains the number 1 most streamed workout song globally
● Data shows workout resolutions decline after February 14
For the second year in a row, Eminem’s “Till I Collapse” is the most streamed workout song globally and is in fact one of Spotify’s most enduring workout songs reappearing in the top lists year after year. The rapper’s other 2002 hit “Lose Yourself” also reaches the top five. Locally in Malaysia, these tracks rank third and fifth respectively.
Meanwhile, listeners are also turning to fresh talent for fitness motivation with 2017 breakout stars Dua Lipa and Camila Cabello in the top ten and Post Malone’s hit “rockstar” is the second most popular song for people to sweat to.
The Nordics and the United States dominate the list of cities that stream workout playlists the most with Oslo, Norway leading the list, followed by Miami and Washington, D.C. in the US.
In keeping with the enthusiasm for jump-starting each new year with a dedicated workout plan, listening data reveals that streaming of workout playlists does in fact increase right after January 1 and reaches its peak around January 24. After that, the number of workout playlists streamed subsides and levels off on February 14. So if you’re looking to buck the trend, keep pedaling/running/squatting past Valentine’s Day! For our Malaysian fans who are keen on keeping up their exercise regime, here are some playlists for you to check out; Fantastic K-Pop Workout, Beast Mode and Cardio.
See below for a breakdown of workout trends on Spotify. Check out all of Spotify’s workout playlists for more music to kick start your workout and get past the February slump.
Top Workout Songs in Malaysia
1. Erik Satie – Première Gymnopédie
2. Camila Cabello – Havana
3. Eminem – Till I Collapse
4. Axwell /\ Ingrosso – More Than You Know
5. Eminem – Lose Yourself – Soundtrack Version
6. Maroon 5 – What Lovers Do (feat. SZA)
7. Ed Sheeran – Shape of You
8. Dua Lipa – New Rules
9. Luis Fonsi – Despacito – Remix
10. Jax Jones – You Don’t Know Me – Radio Edit
Top Global Workout Songs
1. Eminem – Till I Collapse
2. Post Malone – rockstar
3. Eminem – Lose Yourself – Soundtrack Version
4. Kendrick Lamar – HUMBLE.
5. Axwell /\ Ingrosso – More Than You Know
6. J Balvin – Mi Gente (feat. Beyoncé)
7. Camila Cabello – Havana
8. Jax Jones – You Don’t Know Me – Radio Edit
9. Dua Lipa – New Rules
10. Kanye West – POWER
Popular Workout Playlists on Spotify
● Beast Mode
● Run Wild
● Workout Twerkout
● Power Workout
● Latin Dance Cardio
● Throwback Workout
● Pumping Iron