ROSEVELT is the champ of Tune Talk’s ‘Open 4 Incubus Band Competition Final’
KUALA LUMPUR, 17 July 2011 – Now we have it! Rosevelt reigns as the champion of Tune Talk’s ‘Open 4 Incubus Band Competition Final’ which took place at The Laundry Bar @ The Curve today! The triumph bestowed the band with the golden spot as the opening act for Incubus, renowned Californian rock act with numerous acclaims and commercial success under their belt.
The competition kicked off with the final five aspiring bands—Rosevelt, Red Ruby Avengers, Tresempre, Stonebay & Ray Cheong Trio—battling it out and performing with all their heart to oust other rivals for the ultimate spot: to become ‘the band’ to warm up the stage for ‘Incubus Live in Kuala Lumpur’, to be held at Stadium Negara on 23 July 2011.
For the competition, each band was required to perform one original track and also a rendition any Incubus masterpieces. The winner was selected by Incubus themselves, who decided on 40% of the points while the remaining 60% was decided by fans. More information is available on Tune Talk website www.tunetalk.com and its Facebook fan page.
Tune Talk CEO Jason Lo says: “This is a very exciting moment. I believe this is the first time, in Malaysia, where an opening act is selected through a competition such as this. We could have just selected any band to be the opening act, but what we really want to do is present the opportunity to the band with the utmost passion for Incubus’ work, and extreme desire to step on the same stage as the Californian rock giants. More than 500 bands entered the competition but today we got these 5 aspiring bands to battle for the one and only spot. We’d like to congratulate Rosevelt for their win, and kudos for a really excellent performance. This signifies the fact that we have a great pool of talents in the country, and it’s our pleasure to provide them the chance to shine at a higher level.”
The concert is organized by Pineapple Concerts and presented by Tune Talk Mobile Prepaid. This will be Incubus’ third outing in Malaysia after their sold-out performances here in 2004 and 2008.
Doors for the concert will open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm. More details are available at www.tunetalk.com and www.airasiaredtix.com.
Tune Talk subscribers can enjoy the privilege of purchasing the concert tickets at a discounted price of RM183. Tickets can be purchased online at www.airasiaredtix.com or AirAsiaRedTix outlets.
Tune Talk subscribers will also enjoy a whopping 20% discount at selected outlets to purchase Incubus latest CD ‘If Not Now, When?’ courtesy of Sony Music.
On top of that, 50 lucky Incubus fans from amongst Tune Talk Mobile Prepaid subscribers will stand a chance to party like a rockstar with their idols at a pre and post-concert party.
For more information on Incubus and its latest album ‘If Not Now, When?’ visit the band’s official website http://www.enjoyincubus.com.