TomTom App for iPhone Now with South East Asia Maps
Extensive range of South East Asia maps now on your iPhone, plus new multi-stop routes driving feature
TomTom, the world’s leading navigation solutions provider, today announced that the latest version of the TomTom App for iPhone (Version 1.8) is available in the App Store and now includes the latest maps of South East Asia. The countries included in the expanded maps are: Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand and Indonesia.
The TomTom App for iPhone also introduces a brand new feature with Version 1.8 – multi-stop routes. Available for the first time on the TomTom App, this feature makes it easier for drivers to make multiple stops on a single route, by letting them add up to five stop-off points when they plan their journey.
Multi-stop routes enables the driver to plan a trip to the petrol station, or a diversion to pick up a friend as part of a longer journey. This removes the hassle of entering a new journey each time and means that the driver can get an accurate estimated time of arrival for their final destination.
“At TomTom, we want to make navigation as easy as possible for drivers. A new regional map means less hassle for drivers who frequently travel throughout South East Asia,” said Chris Kearney, Vice President, TomTom Asia Pacific.
“Building on ease of use, the new multi-stop routes feature is also included in the new TomTom App. If drivers want to make a few stops on their journey, they can just tap in the destinations from the start. It takes into account that people lead busy lives – often it’s more efficient to run errands all in one go. This feature will help to make driving stress-free and more enjoyable, while saving drivers a bit of time.”
The TomTom App for iPhone (Version 1.8) includes the latest maps of South East Asia. TomTom Map Share technology ensures TomTom continues to deliver maps that are fresh with the most up-to-date corrections made by users themselves and also those made by other TomTom users on a daily basis. TomTom Map Share technology and corrections are available free to TomTom App iPhone users.
Availability and pricing
The South East Asia, TomTom App for iPhone (Version 1.8) is now available in the App Store for USD $69.99.
With the latest update to the App, users will continue to benefit from TomTom’s industry-leading navigation App features, including:
• Latest, most up-to-date maps – With TomTom, you get richer, more detailed maps so you start off on the right foot with premium navigation. No mobile signal or data plan is required to browse the map and navigate to a destination. Maps included are: Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand and Indonesia.
• Navigate-to-photo – A user can easily navigate to a location by selecting a photo stored in the iPhone gallery.
• Multitasking Functionality* – Allows a user to receive turn-by-turn directions while the iPhone is running other applications.
• Optimisation for iPhone 4 – Takes full advantage of the capabilities of Apple’s latest iOS device, the App now delivers high resolution graphics, sharper maps, more-responsive menus and improved positioning even in areas with limited GPS reception.
• Spoken street names – Provides turn-by-turn spoken directions and spoken street names.
• Advanced lane guidance – Gives extra clarity when navigating difficult intersections by showing the user which lane to take for an upcoming exit.
• TomTom Map Share – Make corrections to your own map and benefit from thousands of corrections made by TomTom users every day – free of charge.
* Available on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS & iPod touch 3rd Gen. running iOS4.
About TomTom N.V.
Founded in 1991, TomTom (AEX:TOM2) is the world’s leading supplier of location and navigation products and services focused on providing all drivers with the world’s best navigation experience. Headquartered in Amsterdam, TomTom has 3,500 employees and sells its products in over 40 countries.
Our products include portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services, including the award winning HD Traffic™.
For the world’s most up-to-date route planner, please visit www.routes.tomtom.com
For further information, please visit www.tomtom.com