In collaboration with A+E Networks Asia, the award-winning, global media content company, SYOK brings Malaysians ‘History On Our Plate’, an original HISTORY channel podcast series. ‘History On Our Plate’ reveals unique and compelling stories behind many local favourite and nostalgic dishes across states and cultures. This podcast series will be available exclusively in Malaysia on the SYOK website and app from 18 March, at 10am.
Co-hosts of the podcast series, Keanu Azman and Ili Ruzanna, Hitz FM announcers, will take Malaysians on an immersive audio journey exploring the distinctiveness of local food while increasing awareness and interest about the backgrounds of these dishes. Listeners can also enjoy guest voices including Anis Nabilah and Ili Sulaiman, popular celebrity chefs; Prem Shanker, Mix FM announcer; Anwar Hadi and Ceddy, popular food vlogger; Sue Lynn (Bangsar Babe), lifestyle blogger; along with founder of popular restaurants in Malaysia including Andrew Lee, founder of VCR Café; and Chin Ren Yi, founder of MyBurgerLab, and more.
Kenny Ong, CEO, Astro Radio, said, “We are excited to expand our podcast library to offer more relevant content catered to local audiences while featuring various popular local talents across industries. As we embark on this collaboration with A+E Networks for our first joint podcast series, we look forward to a robust partnership for a wider range of quality content in the audio realm.”
“We are building on the tremendous initial success of A+E Networks in the US as an originator of compelling original audio content. True to our storytelling DNA, we’ll seek to illuminate local perspectives and stories for local audiences in this part of the world and also bring those to the world through international distribution. Our enduring partnership with Astro marks yet another significant milestone for our journey. We continue to work to nurture this trusted relationship and shared ambition to connect audiences, whenever and wherever they are. We are thrilled to have collaborated with Astro’s talent and debut on Astro’s SYOK platform and hope this will be the first of many.”- Saugato Banerjee, Managing Director of A+E Networks, Asia.
The 10 episodes of ‘History On Our Plate’ includes:
- Episode 1 : Nasi Kandar with Anwar Hadi, food vlogger
- Episode 2 : Kopitiam Culture with Andrew Lee, founder of VCR Cafe
- Episode 3 : Laksa with Anis Nabilah, celebrity chef
- Episode 4 : Mamak Culture with Kyle Jacob, SYOK talent
- Episode 5 : Cendol with Sue Lynn ‘Bangsar Babe, lifestyle blogger
- Episode 6 : Viral Foods with Ceddy, food vlogger
- Episode 7 : Street Burgers with Chin Ren Yi, founder of MyBurgerLab
- Episode 8 : Nostalgic Brands with Prem Shanker, Mix FM radio announcer
- Episode 9 : Malaysian Brands with Ili Sulaiman, TV personality
- Episode 10 : International Brands with Rod Monteiro, Lite FM radio announcer
Download the SYOK app via Google Play, the Apple App Store or Huawei App Gallery, or visit SYOK online.
A+E Networks Asia holds worldwide distribution rights for the podcast.