The Government of Malaysia is instituting a Restricted Movement Order from 18 March to 28 April 2020 due to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Dewan Filharmonik PETRONAS (DFP) is prioritising the health and safety of our guests, musicians and employees. We are implementing and communicating appropriate changes that ensure a safe environment in accordance to COVID-19 Directives, Alerts and Advisories issued by the Government of Malaysia.
With this prohibition, DFP will be rescheduling and cancelling the following concerts to later dates:
- Malaysian Philharmonic Orchestra (MPO) – ‘Crowning Organ Masterpieces’ (9 May)
- Organ Recital (10 May)
- MPO – ‘Virtuosic Expression’ (5 & 6 June)
- MPO Chamber Concert (9 June)
- MPO – ‘Senandung Lebaran – A Tribute to S. Atan’ (13 June)
- MPO – ‘Ballet Festival: The Nutcracker’ (19, 20 & 21 June)
- MPO – ‘Ballet Festival: Cinderella’ (26, 27 & 28 June)
- MPO – ‘The World Of Penderecki’ (3 May), due to the passing of the conductor Krzysztof Penderecki.
Ticket holders have the options to:
- exchange their ticket(s) with one of the upcoming 2020 concerts of comparable value, based on availability or
- donate their ticket(s) back to DFP and receive a donation receipt or
- keep their original ticket(s) until the new dates for the concerts.
Visit www.mpo.com.my or check out the MPO social media platforms (Facebook and Instagram) for any latest updates.
The approach is guided by the principle decision made by the Government of Malaysia under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988 and the Police Act 1967.