Pavilion KL receives Outstanding Achievement Award at the inaugural Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards
World’s premier shopping destination celebrates 21st industry award
Kuala Lumpur, 22 June 2011 – Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, the world’s premier shopping destination, proudly won the Outstanding Achievement Award in the Shopping Mall category at the inaugural Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards held last night at the Shangri-La Hotel.
The award was received by Tan Sri Datuk Seri Zainol Mahmood, Chairman of Urusharta Cemerlang Sdn Bhd from the Kuala Lumpur Mayor Tan Sri Ahmad Fuad Ismail accompanied by Datuk Hj Salleh Yusup, Director General of Dewan Bandaraya Kuala Lumpur (DBKL). Urusharta Cemerlang is the landowner of Pavilion KL.
“This is a significant milestone for Pavilion KL as it strengthens our positioning as the best shopping mall in Malaysia. Our prime location, cutting-edge design, outstanding retail offerings, and engaging marketing campaigns are all aligned to attract shoppers, including tourists. All these factors have contributed to this momentous recognition by the Mayor of Kuala Lumpur and DBKL,” said Tan Sri Datuk Seri Zainol Mahmood.
“Our objectives are to consistently promote Pavilion KL as a must-see, and must-visit destination for KL-ites, domestic tourists and foreign visitors. We are home to the city’s latest landmark, the Pavilion Crystal Fountain, which is Malaysia’s tallest Liuli crystal fountain according to the Malaysia Book of Records, and offer the best international and local retail brands. When one visits Kuala Lumpur, Pavilion KL is the go-to shopping destination,” added Tan Sri Datuk Seri Zainol Mahmood.
Pavilion KL welcomes approximately 2.5 million visitors per month of which 70% are local shoppers and 30% are tourists. It currently boasts 485 outlets over 1.37 million square feet of nett lettable area. The latest of its themed precincts is Tokyo Street, celebrating Japanese food, arts and culture, due to open in July 2011.
This is the 21st industry award (both from local and international) accorded to Pavilion KL and second accolade in 2011, making it the most award-winning mall. Recently, the prestigious shopping centre received the ‘VIVA Best-of-the-Best Award Honoree’ by the International Council of Shopping Centres (ICSC) VIVA Best-of-the-Best Awards 2011.
AWARDS LIST 2011 Awards
‘Outstanding Achievement Award – Shopping Mall Category’ by Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards 2011 ‘2011 VIVA Best-of-the-Best Award Honoree (Design and Development)’ by International Council Shopping Centre
VIVA Best-of-the-Best Awards
- ‘Retail Merchant of the Year’ by MasterCard Worldwide for MasterCard Hall of Fame Awards 2010 ‘Marketing’ by International Council of Shopping Centers in Asia Shopping Centre Awards 2010
- ‘Innovative Design & Development of a New Retail Project’ by International Council of Shopping Centers in Asia Shopping Centre Awards 2010
- ‘Best Thematic Decoration’ by Tourism Malaysia Shopping Centre Awards for Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2010 ‘Best Promotions and Events’ by Tourism Malaysia Shopping Centre Awards for Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2010
- ‘The Architecture Award (Retail) – Asia Pacific’ by International Property Awards in association with Bloomberg Television 2010
- ‘The Architecture Award (Retail) – Malaysia’ by International Property Awards in association with Bloomberg Television 2010
- ‘BestRetailDevelopment–Malaysia’ by International Property Awards in association with Bloomberg Television 2010
- ‘Best Indoor Fun’ by Expatriate Lifestyle Awards 2010
- ‘Best Thematic Decoration’ by Tourism Malaysia Shopping Centre Awards for Malaysia Year End Sale 2009 ‘Innovative Shopping Complex’ by Malaysia Tourism Awards
- 2008/2009 ‘Best Shopping Mall’ by LIBUR Tourism Awards 2009 ‘Best Indoor Fun’ by Expatriate Lifestyle Awards 2009
- ‘World’s Best Retail Centre’ by International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) Prix d’Excellence Awards 2009
- ‘Best Thematic Decoration’ by Tourism Malaysia Shopping Centre Awards for Malaysia Mega Sale Carnival 2008 ‘Best Retail Development’ by International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI) Malaysia Property Awards 2008 ‘Premier Retail Centre’ by Brand Laureate Awards 2008 ‘Best Shopping Mall’ by LIBUR Tourism Awards 2008
- Silver Award, Favorite Shopping Complex’, Diplomatic Tourism Awards 2008
- 2007 Awards
- ‘Most Magical Mall Award’ by Ministry of Tourism Malaysia 2007