• TikTok launched three uniquely Malaysian themed challenges and stickers, for Malaysia’s 61st Merdeka Day
• Malaysian celebrities and influencers joined the in-app celebrations by showcasing their love for creativity and patriotism through the video challenges
Videos grabs of Wawa Zainal, Jeryl Lee, Mark Odea, Eyka Farhana and Sheryl Syazwanie on TikTok
TikTok, the world’s fastest growing short-form video app with a global community across 150 countries and regions around the world, celebrated Malaysia’s 61st Merdeka Day alongside its rising base of Malaysian creators.
Popular celebrities and social influencers led the patriotism fever through their show of love for Malaysia by posting videos with traditional headwear filters and trending National Day hashtags including #malaysiaboleh, #sayangimalaysiaku and #kitaanakmalaysia.
Each of the National Day hashtags also represent a unique, themed challenge for TikTok users:
• #malaysiaboleh: Using the song “Malaysia Boleh” to make a gesture video
• #sayangimalaysiaku: Using the official theme song “Kita Punya Malaysia” to create dance videos at a popular tourist spot
• #kitaanakmalaysia: Using the tailor-made TikTok Malaysian headwear stickers to create creative videos
The in-app celebrations were also joined by Malaysian celebrities and influencers including Wawa Zainal, Mark Odea, Jeryl Lee, Eyka Farhana and Sheryl Syazwanie and many others who used TikTok to post challenge videos expressing joy and love, hand-in-hand with their followers on Merdeka Day.
You can view these celebrities’ TikTok videos by clicking on the links below:
1. Wawa Zainal: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnIXE5khDId
2. Jeryl Lee: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnIaEbiDP8Y
3. Mark Odea: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnQXuLaj1VX
4. Eyka Farhana: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnJCtGLFBb9
5. Sheryl Shazwanie: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnIsRryniqE
6. Hafidz Roshdi: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnIomz2nuTn
7. Syeriniemyra: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnJOdsXHWpr
8. Fatin Nur Afiqah: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnIYaf6BYpi
TikTok creators and users, known for their creativity and talent, have used TikTok as the preferred platform to voice their love for Malaysia, posting some cool and inspiring videos. As the Merdeka Day celebrations continue to trend on the app, there has been an overwhelming response of unique and creatively shot videos.
Express your creativity by celebrating Merdeka with top celebrities and popular creators!
As a treat for Malaysian creators, five highest viewed videos from each challenge were selected by TikTok as winners and these lucky creators will receive customised TikTok merchandise. Check out more inspiring creative videos on TikTok’s official Instagram @tiktok.malaysia and Facebook page @tiktokmalaysiaofficial, and be sure to post your own response to the Merdeka Day challenge!
To join the challenges and continue the Merdeka Day celebrations as we look forward to Malaysia Day on September 16, TikTok users are encouraged to update their app today by visiting the iOS and Android app stores.