[dropcap]D[/dropcap]iGi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd (“DiGi”) has launched the highly anticipated DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2013 for the third consecutive year today. Running from 18 May – 23 June 2013, this year’s programme promised to be bigger and more exciting with over RM165,000 worth of prizes and money-can’t-buy experiences for all 15 categories under contention.
For the top two categories – People’s Choice Award and DiGi WWWOW of the Year, the winners will receive a free 3D2N trip to Oslo. This is the first time DiGi is introducing money-can’t-buy experiences into the awards programme, which carries the theme, “Dream Big, Do Bigger.”
[pullquote align=”right”]DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2013 to reward Netizens who Dream Big. Over RM165,000 worth of prizes, including all-expense paid trip to Oslo for top two winners.[/pullquote]
Endorsed by the Malaysian Communications & Multimedia Commission (MCMC), this year’s awards programme recognises Malaysia’s top talents in social media, digital content and web commerce who have inspired others to achieve greater things and do more good through the power of the Internet. After public submission of entries is closed on 23 June, public voting will start from 2 to 23 June with the results to be unveiled on 6 July 2013.
Among the invited guests from the Internet community and sponsor partners who came to the media launch was the double awards winner of the DiGi WWWOW of the Year 2012 (The Best of The Best) Award and the Most Inspiring Internet for Good Award 2012, Petfinder.my. Its co-founder, Andy Koh was present to share how his life was impacted for the better after receiving the accolades.
Chan May Ling, Head of Marketing Services for DiGi, explained: “Based on the testimonials shared by our past winners, it is very encouraging for us at DiGi to know that they are now reaping the benefits after winning the DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards. Petfinder.my is living proof that the DiGi WWWOW Awards programme has motivated the organisation to dream a little bigger to find homes for displaced pets.
“His success, among others, has further renewed our commitment to extend our Internet For All agenda and accord due recognition to those who took on the challenge to inspire and be inspired to do great things in the Internet sphere. This year, we are introducing exclusive money-can’t-buy experiences into the prize list as a means to motivate the WWWOW winners even further on their respective journeys to ‘Dream Big. Do Bigger’. Creating opportunities to engage with leaders and influencers in their respective fields is one way, we believe, to inspire the winners even more.”
Apart from the all-expense paid trip to Oslo, Norway, some of the other category winners can look forward to a free trip to The Philippines and meet fellow top bloggers there; and pick the brains of the Managing Editor of Yahoo! SEA on developing photo stories, among other similar prizes up for grabs.
The DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2013 boast an impressive group of collaborating partners, which include main partners ASTRO, Era.fm, Hitz.fm, Asia Web Direct, AIG, HTC Malaysia and Starbucks Malaysia. Other key industry partners are Churp Churp, Google Malaysia, Kolej IACT, InMobi, Innity, Lowyat.net, Malaysiakini, MSN, Mudah.my, Nuffnang, Says.my and Yahoo!
In total, 15 award categories were announced for the DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2013.
1. IACT Top Online Over-Achiever Under 16 Award 2013
2. Nuffnang Fave Makan-Makan Expert 2013
3. MSN Fave Entertainment Blog 2013
4. Lowyat.net Fave Tech Head 2013
5. Mudah.my Online Shop of the Year 2013
6. Nuffnang Blogger of The Year 2013
7. Nuffnang Shorty Blogger of the Year 2013 *NEW*
8. Innity Most Inspiring Internet for Good Award 2013
9. Says.my Fave Video of The Year 2013
10. Yahoo! Photo(Story) of The Year 2013
11. Google Breakthrough YouTube Sensation/Star of The Year 2013
12. Malaysiakini Social Media Gathering of The Year 2013
13. inMobi App of the Year Award 2013
14. DiGi WWWOW People’s Choice of The Year Award 2013 (by popular vote)
15. DiGi WWWOW Of The Year 2013 (The Best of The Best)
Judging will be conducted by three separate panels of judges, comprising relevant experts and online influencers based on the following grouping:
- Groups Categories
- Blog, Community and Creativity Fave Makan-Makan Expert
- Blogger of the Year
- Fave Entertainment Blog
- PhotoStory of the Year
- Shorty Blogger of the Year
- Content and Platform Innovators App of the Year
- Fave Tech Head
- Fave Video of the Year
- Breakthrough YouTube Star of the Year
- Commerce and Social Change Agents Online Shop of the Year
- Most Inspiring Internet For Good
- Top Online Over Achiever Under 16
- Social Media Gathering of the Year
Submission of entries for the 2013 DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards is open from 18 May to 23 June 2013. Similar to last year, winners of all awards will be chosen based on a combination of public voting and judges’ decisions, except for two categories: The People’s Choice of the Year category is determined by popular vote while The Best of the Best category will be decided by the panel judges from the winners of the remaining 14 categories, all of which are selected based on a combined score of popular votes and judges’ decision.
Check out how Malaysians are being inspired and inspiring others here: www.WWWOW.my
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he DiGi Internet For All WWWOW Awards is Malaysia’s and only Internet For All awards, celebrating the achievements of ordinary Malaysians online. The DiGi-initiated awards celebration is based on 100% user-generated entries to showcase the incredible creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurialism of ordinary Malaysians using the Internet in extraordinary ways to inspire others. It is supported by 19 partner brands and companies who believe in the power of the Internet to transform collaboration, community and commerce.
1) Mechanics of the Contest
• Open to all residents of Malaysia
• Entries must not be pornographic/political/religious/racial/seditious in nature
• Entries must belong to the submitter, i.e. the submitter cannot submit entries that belong to others
• In order to submit, users must sign in via Facebook Connect and provide a valid I.C/Passport number and mobile phone number
• Submission of entries is open from 18 May – 23 June 2013.
• Voting is open from 3 June – 23 June 2013.
• Users can only vote once per category per day
• Users must sign in via Facebook Connect, Twitter or Google Plus prior to voting
• Each category will only have one winner each.
• Shortlisting of nominees and judging will take place from 24 June – 5 July 2013.
• The Top 50 entries that garner the most votes and comply with the contest terms & conditions will be shortlisted for the expert judging phase where the winners’ will be selected.
• Participants that are nominated for multiple categories may stand a chance of winning more than one award.
• Prizes will be presented at the DiGi WWWOW Finale on 6 July 2013.
2) The Awards
1 IACT Top Online Over-Achiever Under 16
9 Says.my Fave video of The Year 2013
2 Nuffnang Fave Makan-Makan Expert 2013
10 Yahoo! Photo(story) of The Year 2012
3 MSN Fave Entertainment Blog 2013
11 Google Breakthrough Youtube Sensation / Star Performer of The Year 2013
4 Lowyat.net Fave Tech Head 2013
12 Malaysiakini Social Media Gathering of The Year 2013
5 Mudah.my Online Shop of the Year 2013
13 inMobi App of the Year Award 2013
6 Nuffnang Blogger of The Year 2013
14 DiGi WWWOW People’s Choice of The Year Award 2013 (by popular vote)
7 Innity Most Inspiring Internet for Good Award 2012
15 DiGi WWWOW Of The Year 2013 (The Best of The Best)
8 Nuffnang Microblogger of the Year 2013.
3) Collaborative Project with:
1 ASTRO 11 InMobi
2 Era.fm 12 Innity
3 Hitz.fm 13 Lowyat.net
4 HTC Malaysia 14 Malaysiakini
5 Starbucks Malaysia 15 MSN
6 AIG 16 Mudah.my
7 Asia Web Direct 17 Nuffnang
8 Google Malaysia 18 Says.my
9 Kolej IACT Sdn. Bhd. 19 Yahoo!
10 Churp Churp
4) Categories description
i) IACT Top Online Over-Achiever Under 16
• You’re already a shaker n’ maker on the web, even if you’re still in school! This category is for anyone under 16 who uses the web to showcase their talent. Calling all bloggers, podcasters, app-makers, cartoonists, filmmakers, photographers, business-startup founders, inventors, singer-songwriters, musicians, slam poets, storytellers, dancers, skate-boarders, bikers. You got it! We want it big time!
• Your date of birth must be between 1 Jan 1997 and 1 Jan 2013
• You must have used the web to share and/or showcase your talent with others e.g. Blog, YouTube, FB profile, Twitter, Flickr, website, online store, etc.
ii) Nuffnang Fave Makan-Makan Expert 2013
• You’ve gone to great lengths for great makan. The passion you have for food has seen you stand in line, travel extreme distances and braved the strangest of flavours. Or you’re a cuisine creator who shares the love for food with others.
We’re looking for the latest on anything and everything food; die-die must try tips, mouth-watering reviews and recipes. What matters is style of writing, the blog design, photographs and even videos – all mouth-watering stuff that make your readers crave for more. Just as long as it’s as delicious as any good dish!
iii) MSN Fave Entertainment Blog 2013
• The scoop on entertainment, trends and fashion – that’s your game. You stop at nothing to get what’s hot, and what’s not. The next big star, the hottest trends, the latest on-screen and all the drama off-screen.
If yours is the one-stop blog that’s always updated with the latest news and hottest goss complete with photos, videos and what-not; then you’re the one we’re looking for! And yes, you snoop with style- using different tools, widgets, words and designs that makes your blog all-out YOU!
iv) Lowyat.net Fave Tech Head 2013
• You’re the high-tech head honcho! You pave the way with all things web, gadgets and motoring. Others believe you know your stuff and take your advice seriously. Be it phone apps to auto tips, or tech jargons to the latest mods.
We’re on the lookout for gadget, motoring, web and innovation experts who share their knowledge and have gained respect from fellow tekkies. Your content is frequently followed, quoted, retweeted, and sometimes even debated. And you are Malaysia’s answer to Top Gear, Engadget, Mashable or Wired, with a unique sense of creativity, personality and obsessive geekiness.
v) Mudah.my Online Shop of the Year 2013
• You’re the Ace of Sales on the web! Everyone’s buying the stuff you sell – holidays, books, jewellery, hats, drama classes, helicopter trips, handmade art, plants, furniture, and much more.
We want to award the person who owns an online shop that sells any kind of awesome stuff that people would skip meals for; just to save enough money to buy your goods! The way you present your blog, be it your quirky writing style or your one-of-a-kind layout design counts. Even how you use the Internet and interactive online tools to make shopping a fun and amazing experience for your customers is also important!
vi) Nuffnang Blogger of The Year 2013
• You blog the talk! And you’re tops when it comes to any topic. About anything or anyone. In any language. Your blogs get the eyeballs, and everyone loves what you have to say. Really simple.
You blog to express your views, personality, opinions and feelings online. We’re looking for that someone who voices out in a very distinctive way to share a part of their lives with the readers. There is no restriction or limitation to how you use your blog, just as long as your stories are as original and creative as yourself!
vii) Innity Most Inspiring Internet for Good Award 2013
• So, an idea popped in your head. And you had to turn it into a reality that could make a difference in the community. You put your passion into action on the web! Now your NGO, social enterprise, charity, non-profit venture, environmental campaign, animal welfare, educational or community group helps make lives better. We’re looking for people who have used the power of the Internet to spark something great, spread awareness, recruit members, raise funds, educate – bringing others together for a good cause.
viii) Says.my Fave video of The Year 2013
• No big, bulky, ultra modern cameras needed! Just your smartphone or tablet camera will do just fine. All you need is a great story – snappy, short and not too long. Say, between 30 seconds to 4 minutes.We’re looking for videos with year of production not earlier than 1 January 2009. Send us the URL link of your uploaded video on Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, Yahoo! MSN or other media. Also, make sure all content, music and actors are clearly stated; copyright matters are important to us!
ix) Yahoo! Photo(story) of The Year 2013
• A picture tells a thousand stories. It can touch a soul. Move a nation. Could you be the one who captured that photo? We are looking for anyone – professionals, amateurs, independent hobbyists who have taken photographs that tell a powerful story about a real-life subject.
You can submit up to a maximum of 3 photos per submission – it can be about a particular community, trend, event, person or even place. Your craft and composition counts – that perfect shot at the perfect moment, your charm in persuading your subject to bring magic to your camera, or the knack for being at the right place at the right time. Let your pix rake in the votes!
x) Google Youtube Breakthrough Sensation / Star of The Year 2013
• Calling all superstars out there! You’re someone who showcases your talent on the web – singers, songwriters, comedians, public speakers, musicians, slam poets, storytellers, dancers, skate-boarders, stunt-riders. No holds barred! You’ve got talent and we can watch you strut your stuff on the web, we want you!
We’re looking for awesome talents in any form of performance, preferably on videos. Make sure that your performance is viewable online, submit the URL to us (preferably a shortened link of your performance on YouTube, Yahoo!, MSN, Vimeo or a blog)…give us your best shot!
xi) Malaysiakini Social Media Gathering of The Year 2013
• Hey there, do-gooder! You use social media to organise, mobilise and gather a crowd. It can be for a good cause (like twestivals), to share knowledge and discuss ideas, to meet new people (like tweetups) or just for a bit of fun (like flashmobs). We’re ready to award the gathering that’s made a great impact on society through the use of social media.
Gain big scores with the method of which you’ve utilised different types of social media to interest, mobilise and rally a crowd. The distinctiveness and what makes a particular event also counts; and that includes what made the gathering more fun, worthwhile or cooler than the other event ever experienced!
xii) inMobi App of the Year Award 2013
• Got an amazing app? This award recognises the best service/content providers who have demonstrated passion for Internet services and have successfully enabled access through multiple channels.
Hit top points by showing us your performance (# of subscribers) and innovation (# of Internet services enabled). You MUST be providing a great experience for the users in terms of navigation-friendly content and easy-to-use interface.
xiii) Nuffnang Microblogger of the Year 2013
• You’re the bite-sized blogger with an appetite for the most amazing things! Any interest. Any subject. Some say, you’re the maestro at communicating to large groups of people with the smallest elements of content – short sentences (like tweets), an image or two (like instagram or tumblr) or video links. You have little to say but others listen to you in a big, big way.
xiv) DiGi WWWOW People’s Choice of the Year Award 2013
• You’re the chosen one of the netizens! The most votes of any wwwow entry in any category will guarantee you the top-spot. Yes, you’ll be the wwwow-est of the wwwows, who is crowned by the people. Go from a dream to doing bigger with more votes today. Make it count!
xv) DiGi WWWOW Of The Year 2013 (The Best of The Best)
• The judges’ cream-of-the-crop choice! This is awarded to the single most inspiring WWWOW. Your entry has even the judges wishing they had created it – WWWOW idea, website, video, blog, performance, gathering or innovation; just everything about it. Only one will be receive the honour of the DiGi WWWOW of The Year 2013. From the topmost finishers in all 14 categories comes the Big Dreamer, who’s destined to Do Bigger!
About the DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2013
The DiGi WWWOW Awards is Malaysia’s first and only Internet For All awards, celebrating the achievements of ordinary Malaysians online. The DiGi-initiated awards celebration is based on 100% user-generated entries to showcase the incredible creativity, ingenuity and entrepreneurialism of ordinary Malaysians, who use the Internet in extraordinary ways to inspire others. It is supported by 19 collaborating partners who believe in the power of the Internet to transform collaboration, community and commerce.
Last year, the DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2012 was another big hit, building upon the success of the inaugural awards in 2011. The DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards 2012 registered 1,705 unique entries submitted in a 30-day period and received a total of 170,629 votes for the 14 categories that were opened to voting, over the 14-day voting period. Meanwhile, the awards made waves in cyberspace – recording over 2,000 tweets carrying the #DiGiWWWOW hashtag and creating more than 3 million impressions, while the WWWOW.my microsite saw 1.4 million page views from 335,000 unique visitors.
DiGi Telecommunications Sdn Bhd provides mobile voice, internet and broadband services. It is committed to driving Malaysia’s growth by building a mobile internet and broadband environment that enables true connectivity, creates socio-economic development, and helps businesses grow. DiGi continues to be a game-changer for the Malaysian telecommunications industry, with a solid history of product and service innovation, and is a leader in driving progressive and responsible business practices. Listed on Bursa Malaysia, it is part of global telecommunications provider Telenor Group.
For more information about DiGi, please visit www.digi.com.my