MTV today confirmed that fifteen-time Grammy®-winning singer, songwriter and producer Alicia Keys is set to perform on the 2014 MTV EMA, one of the biggest global music events of the year that celebrates the hottest artists from around the world.
The special performance will take place during a viewing party at the iconic O2 Academy Glasgow and be beamed live into the nearby SSE Hydro and around the world as part of the 2014 MTV EMA, which will broadcast live to MTV channels worldwide from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow on Monday, 10 November at 2am (TH/WIB) and 3am (SG/MY/PH)*.
Additionally, superstar DJ and producer Afrojack, David “The Hoff” Hasselhoff, international supermodel Jourdan Dunn and WWE divas and stars of hit reality series Total Divas Brie and Nikki Bella were today added to the list of stars confirmed to present on the night, joining the previously announced party rocker Redfoo and guitar legend Slash.
· “I am crazy excited to perform on the global stage of the EMA, and for my song to be nominated for Best Song with a Message. ‘We Are Here’ is a 21st century peace movement that believes if we all stand together and join our voices we CAN create a kinder world for everyone.” – Alicia Keys
· A limited number of lucky fans will have the chance to attend the intimate viewing party at the O2 Academy Glasgow, and will receive an email today with a priority code and full details of how to book. A number of tickets will also be made available to the public via TicketWeb. Tickets will be priced at £5 including booking fee.
· Global hip hop superstar Nicki Minaj is set to host the 2014 MTV EMA.
· U2, Enrique Iglesias, Calvin Harris, Charli XCX, Kiesza, Royal Blood, Ariana Grande, Ed Sheeran and Nicki Minaj have been previously confirmed to perform at the 2014 MTV EMA.
· British rock legend Ozzy Osbourne will be honoured with the Global Icon Award and will be in Glasgow to accept his award.
· Fans can vote now for their favourite artists across all other 2014 MTV EMA categories at mtvema.com. Voting closes on 9 November 2014 at 6:59am SGT.
The 2014 MTV EMA sponsored by essence, Europe’s No.1 cosmetics brand** and Someone Like Me, a global sex education campaign partnership between Durex and MTV Staying Alive Foundation, will air across MTV’s global network of more than 60 channels reaching nearly 700 million households around the world as well as through syndication.
In addition, its convergent programming and content will reach the entire interactive community, via MTV’s more than 200 digital media properties around the world. The 2014 MTV EMA will broadcast on Monday, 10 November at 2am (TH/WIB) and 3am (SG/MY/PH)* from the SSE Hydro in Glasgow. It repeats on the same day at 7pm (WIB), 8pm (SG/PH) and 9pm (MY), and on Tuesday, 11 November at 1pm (TH).
The MTV EMA – one of the biggest global music events of the year – recognizes artists from around the world and across genres, and brings together music fans everywhere for a one-of-a-kind experience in the weeks leading up to and at the show. Bruce Gillmer and Richard Godfrey are Executive Producers for the 2014 MTV EMA.
The 2014 MTV EMA marks the first time that the show will be held in Glasgow, Scotland and has received support from Glasgow City Marketing Bureau and EventScotland. Follow @MTVEMA and check #MTVEMA on Twitter and find us on Instagram or Facebook. For MTV EMA news,