MAXIS AND MIFA MAXIMISE MALAYSIAN FASHION!
Maxis customers enjoy discounts and special privileges at “The Twelve”
Mifa and Maxis Berhad (‘Maxis’) today launched “The Twelve”, a unique fashion concept store that serves as an extension and continuation of the fashion portal – www.fashionista.my – launched by Maxis on 6 November 2010 at the Malaysia-International Fashion Week. “The Twelve” will promote Malaysian designers and provide them with a platform to showcase and sell their designs to a new target market. The design and concept of the store was inspired and modeled after the established concept stores around the world, such as Colette in Paris and Dover Street Market in London.
VIDEO LAUNCH THE TWELVE
T. Kugan, Maxis’ Vice-President of Product, Device and Innovation said at the launch today, “As Malaysia’s leading integrated communications service provider, Maxis is committed to enriching our customers’ lives with the latest innovative products and services to match their ever-changing lifestyle needs and demands. Maxis’ creative collaboration with Mifa enables us to provide our 14 million customers with Mifa’s finest fashion offerings, beginning with the Malaysia-International Fashion Weeks 2009 and 2010, the fashionista.my portal and now with the launch of ‘The Twelve’. ‘The Twelve’ will be an ideal location for the hosting of monthly fashion shows to which Maxis customers will be invited. They will also enjoy discounts and special privileges on items at the store. We are delighted to be able to translate the benefits and privileges of Maxis’ involvement in fashion directly to our customers.
“’The Twelve’ has the dual objective of fostering visibility for the country’s fashion designers, connecting them to global markets. It brings fashionista.my to a new level, providing an additional platform for buyers to touch, see and experience the items which are available for purchase. The fashion concept store also brings the fashionista.my platform beyond business-to-business (B2B) to consumers.”
As the name suggests, twelve Malaysian designers / brands are housed and stocked in the store. The selection criteria of these twelve labels are the wearability and commercial viability of their designs. All of them have ample production capability to provide sufficient products and merchandise for sale at the store and they are fully ready to export their designs. They are currently actively trading with buyers overseas thru www.fashionista.my.
The twelve designers are:
1. TAS Iman by Tom Abang Saufi – A diffusion line of Tom Abang Saufi that consist of modern Islamic wear such as kaftans and scarves.
2. Zero to Ten – Edgy and trendy ready-to-wear pieces that appeal to the younger mass market.
3. PU3 – Ready-to-wear apparel that contain both edgy and demure elements
4. uREKA – A group of artists under the wing of Lucas Blim produces unique items such as stationery, handmade dolls, products from recycled materials, art paintings and other decorative items
5. BDA – Selected designers under the Bumiputra Designers Association offer both ready-to-wear and evening dresses
6. YODA – Selected designers under the Young Designers’ Arena caters to a younger crowd with an edgier approach to the garments
7. Radzuan Radziwill – Radzuan’s collection is formal, elegant and lavish, yet affordable and comfortable
8. Key Ng – The collection provides trendy work and casual wear for both men and women
9. Benson Chen – A collection of shoes that range from casual sandals to Swarovski-studded heels
10. Sasha Rowena – A stunning range of products made from leather and exotic skins such as handbags, passport holders, phone cases, laptop bags and many others
11. Shinju Pearls – Stunning yet affordable handmade jewelry crafted with pearls and semi-precious gem stones
12. JKhan – A beautiful range of dresses that can be worn from day to night and made from high quality fabric and materials
An array of activities and events will be conducted in the store throughout the year. The designers will conduct monthly fashion shows and media campaigns to promote their latest collections. Maxis has also set-up a ‘fashionista.my’ kiosk within the store to enable designers and customers to log on to the website and to utilise the full features and facilities of the site, including being able to view full collections online. The kiosk will be manned by assistants who will educate customers on its usage.
The customers of the store will be given a personalised and professional treatment as all the retail assistants are well trained and qualified. Coffee will be provided free of charge to customers, courtesy of the renowned Italian coffee machine brand, De’Longhi.
“The Twelve” is mifa and Maxis’ first step in providing local designers with an outlet to interact and engage with customers on a different level. There are plans in the pipeline to expand the store to include more designers in the future.
The partners involved in the launch of ‘The Twelve’ are Fahrenheit 88, Snips Salon, Monica Lee, De’Longhi, Su’s Cakes, Sakae Sushi, Jade’s Nursery, Andrewsmodels, and GMC Advertising.
Dato’ Radzuan Radziwill & Puan Sri Raja Noora
Mr T Kugan
Kavita Sidhu, Dato’ Jimmy Choo, Heah Sieu Lay, Andrea Fonseka, Amber Chia
Key Ng & Dato’ Jimmy Choo
Designer group photo
Putri Azalea & Putri Yasmin of PU3