Building on its award-winning portfolio of Mini products, HP today unveiled another new HP Mini designed for mobile professionals and internet-centric consumers that require a rich computing experience in a small, portable package.
The HP Mini 2140 Notebook PC features a simple, refined all-aluminum case for a sleek yet lightweight design. Starting at 1.19 kg, (1) the fully functional and durable HP Mini 2140 is an ideal companion PC for the on-the-go road warrior.
It features a large 10.1-inch diagonal scratch-resistant HP Illumi-Lite LED display(2), a user-friendly 92 percent of full-size QWERTY keyboard, and a range of hard-drive options including an optional high-capacity 80-gigabyte (GB)(3) solid-state drive.
“HP continues to enhance its portfolio of Mini products to ensure we offer customers choices that meet their personal performance and style needs,” said Danny Lee, Country General Manager, Personal Systems Group, HP Malaysia. “The sturdy, lightweight HP Mini 2140 is the state-of-the-art offering in our Mini portfolio and integrates innovative functionality to keep on-the-move mobile users connected without weighing them down.”
The HP Mini 2140 keeps mobile users ultra-productive by including a small, low-power Intel® Atom processor to enable the unit to run cooler, use less power and improve battery life. It includes a suite of wireless technologies such as integrated Wi-Fi Certified WLAN(2) and optional Bluetooth® 2.0, allowing a variety of ways to access the Internet for email, IM, chat and blogging. An integrated VGA webcam allows for easy still-image capture, web-conferencing or video-enhanced instant messaging(4) with no additional hardware to buy or carry.
To meet the rigors of a demanding ultra-mobile lifestyle, the HP Mini 2140 underwent the HP Total Test Process, which included more than 95,000 hours of extensive testing and product validation to ensure designs, materials and components meet the highest standards.
The product is packed with a combination of innovative features to boost productivity and improve the overall mobile experience, including:
· A large 10.1-inch diagonal LED display with 16:9 aspect ratio.
· User-friendly 92 percent of full size keyboard (QWERTY) and touchpad.
· HP DuraKeys, featuring a clear coating applied over the notebook keyboard that protects the finish and printed letters and characters. HP DuraKeys offers 50 times more resistance to visible wear than keyboards without it.
· HP 3D DriveGuard, featuring a three-axis digital accelerometer chip that sends a signal to shut down the hard drive upon sudden movement or shock.
· HP Panel Protection System with a scratch-resistant acrylic LCD cover and magnesium hinge bracket for added durability in demanding environments.
· Ability to view video, still-image capture, web conferencing or video-enhanced instant messaging with no additional hardware to buy or carry. The integrated VGA webcam enables video and still-image capture to allow the addition of photos and video clips to presentations, documents and email.(4)
· Two battery solutions – three-cell for lightest-weight configurations or six-cell lithium-ion battery for longer life.(5)
New accessories designed for the Mini include an HP USB Docking Station, USB-powered HP Mobile Audio Speakers and an HP USB optical disk drive that can read and write CD and DVD formats.
Pricing and availability
The HP Mini 2140 with Windows XP Home is available April onwards at a recommended price of RM1, 699.
The HP Mini 2140 with Windows XP Professional is available April onwards at a recommended price of RM2, 299.