TomTom signs strategic deal with Samsung, the world’s largest smartphone manufacturer
TomTom has signed a strategic deal with Samsung whereby TomTom maps and location content will power the Wave3 smartphone. TomTom will provide information to support daily location needs of Wave3 users, from navigation to search and find.
‘Signing the deal with Samsung highlights TomTom’s ability to deliver the map and enhanced content needed to enable the location based services for wireless users’ said Charles Cautley, Managing Director of TomTom Automotive and Licensing. ‘TomTom is excited to collaborate with the global leader in the smartphone market.’
‘As we strive to deliver innovations for the global smartphone market, location-enabled content and applications are increasingly important to our customers,’ said David Noh, Vice President & Head of Technology Alliance Group. ‘We needed a partner that could deliver to our strict requirements for quality and TomTom rose to the occasion.’
The agreement gives Samsung access to TomTom global maps and premium location content including:
- Map coverage for over 200 countries globally, providing over 35 million kilometers of road network
- Points of Interest providing information that enables users to find the people, places and services they need, wherever they are
- 3D City Maps and 3D Landmarks adding a dimension of clarity and reality to the map, enhancing recognition and providing a visual orientation aid
- Enterprise Traffic delivering live road conditions, including the location and length of a traffic incident, helping drivers find the quickest route to their destination
- Speed Cameras providing a location alert for safety related cameras to promote safe driving habits and optimize the navigation experience.