Everyday Creativity with GALAXY Note II
The most powerful smartphone sparks everyone’s creative inspirations
Samsung Malaysia Electronics, a leading global mobile phone provider, launched the GALAXY Note II – an embodiment of innovation. A revolution to the GALAXY Note category, the latest Samsung device enables personalised unique experiences and expressive content creation, making it the ultimate smartphone for on-the-go creativity.
Retail Price: RM2,299
“The GALAXY Note launched last year carved a new category of smart mobile devices, making it a milestone for Samsung. This year, we are proud to introduce the GALAXY Note II, a device infused with capabilities to help people unleash their creativity at work or at leisure,” said Mr. Kwon Jae Hoon, Managing Director, Samsung Malaysia Electronics Sdn. Bhd.
“Built with an unbeatable viewing experience as well as unique and differentiated features, people can discover information and capture their ideas faster, express thoughts freely and manage tasks more efficiently. This device is designed to help people harness their individual creativity, allowing them to live a life extraordinary,” Kwon added.
Focused in delivering enriched experiences, Samsung enhanced the GALAXY Note II to liberate people’s creative inner spark by facilitating information discovery, whilst capturing and expressing ideas efficiently. Built with a new and improved S Pen and enhanced features, the device lends people the ability to live an inspired life.
The GALAXY Note II features a 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED Plus screen providing brilliant visual clarity. Its 16:9 screen ratio ensures an immersive and enriched movie theater-like video viewing experience. Its larger screen provides people an enhanced readability when consuming content as compared to its predecessor. Additionally, the GALAXY Note II is built to be thinner and lighter, with enhanced performance capabilities that facilitate efficient execution of tasks and content creation whilst on-the-go.
Advanced S Pen & S Note usage
Everyday tasks on Samsung GALAXY Note II are made easier and more intuitive using S Pen enabled features. Air View allows people to hover with the S Pen over an email, S Note, S Planner, image galleries, or videos to preview the content without having to open the file. Such quick access to view information in detail without screen transitions improves productivity. Further, the device’s new gesture pad feature, Quick Command, allows people to use the S Pen to take shortcuts.
The S Pen enables people to easily capture ideas and inspirations instantly or to combine handwriting with any digital content directly on the screen. The S Pen button, when pressed, recognises intuitively the intention to clip, crop or edit the selected content in any shape, and subsequently save, share or paste it. Further, people can personalise content easily by colouring, shading, or adding notes with personal handwriting.
Whether one is watching a video, texting a friend or simply sketching an idea, GALAXY Note II makes multitasking seamless and intuitive with three new features:
1. Pop Up Note allows the S Note to be opened as a pop-up window anywhere on screen, even when watching a video, or taking a call.
2. Multiwindow provides people with the capability to multitask without having to switch between screens.
3. Pop Up Video extends the concept of ‘Pop up play’, where videos become a floating window on display with the touch of a button, allowing it to be repositioned to any part of the screen.
These features offer people versatility in multitasking and freedom of thought expression whilst remaining connected with friends and family.
The GALAXY Note II is built with the latest technology that offers people a high performance device, and consequently, seamless content creation, sharing and multitasking capabilities. A mighty 1.6GHz Quad-Core processor and HSPA Plus deliver easy multitasking, lightning-fast screen transitions and browsing performance, as well as app start-ups with minimal lag time.
Running on Android™ 4.1, JellyBean platform, the device is set to deliver stunning graphical capabilities and an upgraded Google Now service including new features such as contextual search. Its memory options are 16 GB with an expandable micro SD memory slot. A 3,100mAh battery allows people to enjoy multimedia content, be productive always on the go, and capture ideas whenever, wherever without suffering from power limitation.
The GALAXY Note II comes with an 8 Megapixel rear-facing and 1.9 megapixel front-facing cameras with HD video recording. The camera is armed with features such as, Buddy Photo Share, Burst Shot and Best Photo. Better yet, GALAXY Note II features a unique camera function called Best Face that allows people to choose the most preferred face or pose of each person from group portrait photos.
Smart Stay uses the camera in the GALAXY Note II to prevent the device from going into standby mode while it detects a user in front of the device. The AllShare® Play feature is available for people to share content by connecting GALAXY Note II to Samsung HD TVs, phones, mobile tablets, laptops on the same network. With AllShare Group Cast, people can also share and collaborate on documents, presentations, or images in real time, simultaneously.
Designed especially to harness the creativity in people to live extraordinarily, the GALAXY Note II device is slated to facilitate a new found sense of freedom in self-expression through its unique yet advanced features.
The new Samsung GALAXY Note II will be available in Marble White and Titanium Gray on 19 October 2012 through key operators such as, Celcom, Digi and Maxis. Alternatively, the device can also be purchased through all Samsung Elite Partners.
For more information on the new Samsung GALAXY Note II, please visit www.samsung.com/my or visit Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilemalaysia.
Samsung GALAXY Note II
Inspiring Everyday Creativity and Enhancing Productivity
• The GALAXY Note II is built to inspire everyday creativity and enhance productivity with its ground-breaking features. Offering people the ability to personalise and express content naturally, the device is designed to support users as they live an extraordinary life.
• The GALAXY Note II’s display is improved with a vivid and immersive 5.5-inch HD Super AMOLED display, equipping people with perfect viewing experience on-the-go.
• Providing efficient management of tasks, the GALAXY Note II’s Air View feature displays a preview of content when the S Pen hovers over an icon.
• The GALAXY Note II offers amazing creative tools, such as the vastly improved S Pen, so people can easily express any idea and emotion with style.[ABOUT SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II]
Delivering Perfect Viewing On-the-go
• The GALAXY Note II delivers an unbeatably immersive multimedia experience on its 16:9 HD Super AMOLED display, offering brilliant visual clarity. People can now enjoy their favourite content anywhere they go.
• While narrower, slimmer, and lighter than its predecessor, the GALAXY Note II’s 5.5-inch is larger, offering the perfect balance between great viewing experience and smartphone portability.
Efficient Task Management
• The Samsung GALAXY Note II’s Air View feature allows people to preview content by hovering the innovative S Pen over icons, allowing efficient tasking by eliminating unnecessary steps to locate files.
• Pop Up Note opens the S Note function instantly – even while taking a call or managing other tasks on the phone – ensuring all ideas are always easily captured.
• Pop Up Video allows people to watch videos on a movable and resizable window while surfing the web, chatting, and more – so people never miss a scene even when running other tasks.
• The GALAXY Note II’s Multiwindow function enables multiple applications two applications running at the same time with its multiscreen function so people can easily switch among applications.
Amazing tools for self-expression
• The revolutionary S Pen is now more advanced than ever, with improved sensitivity and a redesigned body for a more natural and precise writing experience.
• Use the S Pen to crop content in any shape with the GALAXY Note II’s Easy Clip feature, allowing inspiration to be captured instantly.
• With the Photo Note function, people can easily write something on the back of any photo using the S Pen – so important occasions can be captured and memories preserved.
• Launch apps instantly by jotting a pre-registered shortcuts / commands with the GALAXY Note II’s Quick Command feature.
• The Shape Match and Formula Match features of S Note help correct and digitise geometric shapes, as well as solve numeric formulas that are hand-written with the S Pen – ensuring an improved clarity and presentation for created content.
The Best Performance Ever
• The GALAXY Note II contains a powerful 1.6GHz Quad-Core processor and HSPA connectivity, delivering the high performance users have come to expect from Samsung.
• The GALAXY Note II comes with 16GB of onboard file storage with microSD and supports up to 64GB memory, so people always have their favourite content everywhere they go.
• The GALAXY Note II runs on the latest Android 4.1 OS (also known as Jelly Bean). It features new upgraded graphic capabilities, simplified menu navigation and browsing. It also novel upgraded services such as Google Now, Google’s intelligent personal assistant.
• The GALAXY Note II contains a 3,100mAh battery, which is the largest capacity in this category. This ensures the most demanding content consumption needs are met.
• The GALAXY Note II features an 8-Megapixel rear camera and a 1.9 Megapixel front-facing camera with HD video recording.
• Best Face, a unique camera feature that snaps a burst of 5 photos, allows people to pick and save any of the faces in the 5 photos into one master photo – so you always get the best pictures.
Instant and Seamless Sharing
• The GALAXY Note II offers the S Beam function, which allows people to instantly share media files by simply tapping on another applicable device, even without Wi-Fi or a cellular signal.
• Samsung’s AllShare Play can be used to instantly share media files between the GALAXY Note II and other DLNA-supported devices. Additionally, AllShare Cast allows users to wirelessly connect their GALAXY Note II to their TV to mirror the screen onto a larger screen.[PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS]
Network 3G: HSPA+ 21Mbps (HSDPA 21Mbps / HSUPA 5.76Mbps
Processor 1.6 GHz Quad-Core processor
Display 5.5”(140.9mm) HD Super AMOLED (1,280 x720, 264 ppi)
OS Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Camera Main(Rear): 8 Megapixel Auto Focus Camera with LED Flash, BSI
Sub(Front): 1.9 Megapixel VT Camera, BSI
Best Photo, Best Face, Low light shot
Video Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV7, WMV8, WMV9, VP8,
Format: 3GP(MP4), WMV(ASF), AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM
Full HD(1080p) Playback & Recording
Audio Codec: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, ACC+, eAAC+, AMR(NB,WB), MIDI, WAV,
Music Player with SoundAlive
3.5mm Ear Jack
S Pen Optimized Features S Pen Experience
- S Note, S Planner, S Pen Keeper
Quick Command, Easy Clip, Photo Note, Paper Artist
Pop Up Note, Pop Up Video
Shape Match, Formula Match
Sharing Features Samsung AllShare Play & Control
Samsung AllShare Cast(WiFi Display) – Mirroring & Extension
Samsung AllShare Framework
Content Features & Services Samsung Apps
Samsung Kies /Samsung Kies Air
Samsung TouchWiz / Samsung L!ve Panel
- Game Hub
- Learning Hub
Samsung ChatOn mobile communication service
Samsung S Suggest
Smart Stay, Direct Call, Quick Glance
Page Buddy/ Tag Buddy/ Word Buddy
Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail
Google Play Store, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk
Connectivity Bluetooth technology v 4.0 (Apt-X Codec support) LE
USB 2.0 Host
WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4 & 5 GHz), Wi-Fi HT40
Sensor Accelerometer, RGB Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer
Memory 16GB User memory + 2GB (RAM)
microSD (up to 64GB)
Dimension 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
Battery Standard battery, Li-ion 3,100mAh
Recommened Retail Price RM2,299
＊ The availability of each Samsung Hubs and Google service may differ by country.
＊ All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Available in Marble White and Titanium Gray color options, the Samsung GALAXY Note II will be in stores by 19 October 2012.